I awoke comfortable, yet soar from a traveling body. After hours spent sitting in a upright position, a man coughing and sneezing next to me, and me contorting my body even more uncomfortably to not let the wind of his germs touch me- I am soar. I took to my macbook as a owner takes to their puppy after a long while gone and I checked all my friends blogs, and my bank account which was under the amount I thought it would be. Normally, that would stress me out because October 6 three friends and I are road tripping to and around La. But this morning it didn't. I'm going to go, and enjoy it, with out the thoughts of money weighing me down. I was only gone 9 days, but it feels a lifetime. Home is different. How do I settle back in after being somewhere so different? Living so differently? And being with people who were not the faces I am used too. I am settling back in as I do laundry, and wait for my dear girlfriends to come over and watch "country strong". But I'm pretty sure this trip has changed my course, because it has changed my heart (proverbs 4:23). I'm questioning if I really live a life that demands explanation, or one worthy to my calling. I just haven't been. I've been so safe, everything about how I walk is safe. I surround myself with the tools for Godly living, (what does that even mean?) yet I don't think I'm experiencing it. I always find myself blown away by human beings who aren't Christian because I can see their lives and hear their voices being more "Christian" than my own. Except my faith lies in God, and that is what is different. Differences aside, my friend leads life by example. He takes every opportunity and just jumps in. He doesn't fear, he knows he'll always be provided for. Watching him ables me to believe that I too, can jump in. If a opportunity is there- take it. It's The Lord.
In many of Paul's letters to churches he would explain to them about how he would just long to be with among them but God was not allowing it. In the end of acts God even changes Paul's course by sending a massive storm. Paul is so obedient, he doesn't plan, he just follows. I want to follow with all of me, not just half way. I want to follow Jesus as his disciple, whether my sandals are breaking under the sand or not.
Friday, September 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment