Thursday, October 20, 2011

"me too"



These words are so small, but carry so much weight. I was confessing everything I've been feeling, and as I wait for a reaction instead I heard a soft "me too.". It was so unexpected. The phrase is our connection to another believer, and even Jesus himself. Broken? Me too. Hurting, lost, confused, anxious, inconsistent, joyful? Me too. Nothing was more crucial in that moment to me then my friend taking off her ministry face and reminding me I'm not alone. I'm not the only one struggling. She was too. We all are.
What is even more amazing is that Jesus went through everything we go through here, and worse. He hears my cry- and he understands. He made the same cry himself. But he was sinless, so he believes we can conquer- he will conquer with us.
"since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested." Hebrews 2:18
"This high priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testing we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy and we will find grace to help us when we need it most" Hebrews 4:15-16
As the ship returns to its dock after a voyage on the ocean, so I return to the lord. He is good. He is faithful. He is in constant pursuit of his creation. He loves us. Return.

No comments:

Post a Comment