I was sleeping soundly ( as most people should) during this hour to wake up because suddenly I have a bloody nose. Thing about me is I get bloody noses frequently, and randomly. But not usually like this, this was bad, and random, I was paralyzed in my bed, face up because I didn't want to dare move and get blood everywhere. So I sat there, and grossly just began to swallow. (which I hate doing)
I began to pray "God please take away this bloody nose, please take away this bloody nose, Lord please..."
Nothing happened. I sat there, distraught and lazy, reluctant to get up and get a tissue.
The blood was still creeping down my throat like a calm river when I tried again: "Lord, I ask you again; in your name. Could you demonstrate your glory to me, and just heal me of this bloody nose? You say ask for anything in your name and I will receive, God please stop this, I hate it. Amen"
And it stopped
I swear mid-drip, everything stopped. And I'm thankful for the clear, obvious display of his power. Because there is no possible way for me to take credit, or deny that my nose was no longer bleeding.
I don't know if you've ever had bloody noses, but after they are even beggining to stop, you still need to be extra cautious.
So I sat up, honestly kind of shocked, and it was like nothing even happened.
So I'm writing a reminder; to believers and unbelievers alike (because sometimes we're not that different).
and my reminder is this; The Lord is God.
His name alone. Is praiseworthy.
Put away everything he does and has done for us, the fact that he exists at all; we should be trembeling at his feet with reverent fear and love for him.
Out of laziness, and I a sinner; God displayed mercy and healing.
He does that.
Because we are to show his glory. He uses us to display how awesome he is.
Healing is kind of something crazy to me, because I have prayed over people and watch them be healed. Have you ever experienced that?
I have really terrible feet and I remember just really asking The Lord that he could heal them for that day, that if he would just seep away the pain I could work more efficiently and it would be great. And instantly; he did.
And honestly, it always kind of freeks me out. I have to second guess it; I'll sit up like I did with my bloody nose, or I'll take a few steps to see if it really doesn't hurt anymore.
I test out God's work.....
Which is wrong, and what a example of how human's are in our faith!
He delivers and we continue to be think "Is this really gone? Or is this really something or other?" and half-ass walk until we receive affirmation, as if there isn't any evidence of God at all?
Or is that just me? I am a second guesser, I see miracles, and then I'm like "wait....am I sure about this?"
There is this story in the old testament where God is speaking to the Israelites, he begins and they all cover there ears and fall flat to the ground on their face because his voice alone is something that stirs up so much emotion, the Israelites had no choice but to flee their hard heart from it.
Joshua puts his face on the ground, unable to move because of the Lord: "But the Lord said to Joshua, "Get up! Why are you lying on your face like this? Israel has sinned and broken my covenant! They have stolen some of the things that I have commanded must be set apart for me. And they have not only stolen them but have lied and hidden the things among their belongings...Get up! command the people to purify themselves...Hidden among you, O Israel, are things set apart for the Lord. You will never defeat your enemies until you remove these things from among you." Joshua 7:10-13
Wow, does that blare loud in your ears like it does to mine?
The Lord says this to me: "Gabriella, what are you doing? I have directed you towards what you've been asking for, leading you this entire time, yet now you are lazy and sitting on your face! Get up! It is your sins that weigh you down, ask for forgiveness, seek forgiveness, just get up, just move." And thats only the first part. Anywhere in your life that God is revealing you need to move in? Being lazy in any area? "Don't put it off; do it now! Don't rest until you do!" Proverbs 6:4
The Lord has called us to be his own, to be friends of God. If that doesn't make you want to fall on your face in praise...then there may be some hard hearts among you. What is set apart for him that you are not giving back to him; your body, your heart, your time, your talents, your entire life? You will never defeat your enemies until this idol is removed. Need obedience? Maybe just the beggining desire for it? Ask for it, so God's glory can shine through in your own life.
I'm convinced that the Lord finds our desires- not too strong- but too weak. It's not the desire we have for sin that controls us, but our lack of desire for what we need, and what is real that takes hold of us. We settle. Because sin is something that promises what it won't deliver, something that is lies.
Maybe your having sex, because it resembles something your were made for; love.
Maybe your acting in pride because it resembles a truth when used in a certain way; humility.
Maybe your gossiping because it resembles a former, yet remaining truth; that our words have power.
What if we, as Christians, didn't settle?
What if we got off our faces in obedience, and seeked what we were made for?
Seek God.
Seek him in every circumstance, because he is there. Whether you see him, believe him; or not. He doesn't cease power for our ignorance.
Because he is God, because he works, because he loves.
He uses everything for his glory, are your eyes seeing that?
"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened" Matthew 7:7-8
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." Philppians 4:6
God is the Father, so you should ask him. He knows what you need, but out of love and gentleness; he's waiting for you to see that you need it too.
He loves us.
So at 4:18 in the morning I say this: he hears us, he loves us, he's with us. Go back to him, it is better to be walking with a broken leg then to not be walking at all.
Monday, November 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

this is so good.
ReplyDeletewoah, you read this and then we talked like directly afterwards...
ReplyDeletecraziness!
so bummed i didn't read this earlier...then i'd have understood what you were talking about in starbucks, but whatevs..no big deal
ReplyDeleteoh this is good, i really like it... by the way