Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I put this poster on my ceiling


Yes, that one. It first started out to be things that I should always pray for, but now it's also for the purpose I need to be reminded who I belong too, Christ. What each thing means:

"Trust God is good": I need to remember God isn't out to trick me, out to harm me, or ever dissapointed or angry with me. That is not the God I follow. This reminds me to be faithful and loving because he is, to always turn to him because he loves me.

"Wisdom": I can't forget to pray for wisdom, because wisdom originally means "truth" and truth back in the day only had to do with religion. Therefore God is truth, and I want him. I need biblical and true wisdom for my life.

"Stay centered on: Scripture, Love, Hope":
Scripture: I need to pray before and after I read scripture. Before so I can concentrate, hear god speak, and absorb. After so I can remember the words and meaning, and really apply it to my life, actions, and attitude.
Love: It's so important to stay centered in love, act only out of love, and spread love. Love for myself, my Lord, and for others. If all my actions, thoughts and words are loving, then I am doing what God calls me to do. Of course I am not close to having every action out of love, but I want to remember to keep praying for the love of my savior, love for others, and love for myself.
Hope: I want to remember what a great hope and future is in store to me because God is real. His promises of heaven, salvation, his plan for me, I need to remain hopeful because of what IS promised to me not what IS NOT. And I want to spread hope, and pray fr God to plant hope in others. I need to remember the inconsistency I'm faced with right now, but the faith I have in God is consistent and hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment