Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Some Psalms

"When I look at the night sky and see the works of your fingers- the moon and the stars you set in place- what are mere mortals that you should think about them, human beings that you should care for them? Yet you made them only a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor. You gave them charge of everything you made, putting all things under their authority- the flocks and the herds and all the wild animals, the birds in the sky, the fish in the sea, and everything that swims inn the ocean currents. O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth!" Psalm 8:3-9

"How can i know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of greater sin. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord my rock my redeemer" Psalm 19:12-14

"Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

"You do not desire a sacrifice, or I would offer you one. You do not want a burnt offering. The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit, you will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God" Psalm 51:16-7

"Did I keep my heart pure for nothing? Did I keep myself innocent for no reason?...Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside. I was so foolish and ignorant-
I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you. Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever." Psalm 73:13-26

"Bend down, O Lord, and here my prayer; answer me for I need your help. Protect me, for I am devoted to you. Save me, for I serve and trust you. You are my God. Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on you constantly. Give me happiness, O Lord, for I give myself to you. O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help. Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord; hear my urgent cry. I will call to you whenever I'm in trouble and you will answer me...Grant me purity of heart so that I may honor you" Psalm 86:1-11

"Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may i never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle's! the Lord gives rightenousness and justice to all who are treated unfairly...the Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love, He will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever. He does not punish us for all our sins; he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve. For his unfailing love towards those who fear him is as great as the height oh heavens above the earth. He ha removed our sins far from us as the east from the west. The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. For he knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust. Our days on earth are like grass, like wildflowers, we bloom and die. The wind blows and we are gone- as though we had never ben here. But the love of the Lord remains forever with those who fear him...Praise the Lor, everything he has created, everything in all his kingdom. Let all that I am praise the Lord" Psalm 103

No comments:

Post a Comment