Sometimes they seem so seperate. Because when referring to what the flesh craves; which is sin. And the Spirit craves; everything good and perfect, what God offers. And lately the idea of suffering in the body has been brought up a few different times. At my discipleship group we are reading from Hebrews and it said something about being made perfect through suffering. Of course it was referring to Jesus, and dying on the cross. but it reminds me of the Colossians verse that says you are perfect in weakness for when you are weak, you are strong. And I absolutely adore that verse, but it did confuse me for a long time. Because when I think weak, I was thinking of spiritually weak. But that is wrong, we are made perfect through suffering. A lot of times I will really rely on God when I am weak, because I don't know what else to do. And we feel weak in body, but our spirit always grows after trials, God has promised that. God promises us that if we endure suffering, there is a place for us in heaven. So I think we are meant to be weak in the flesh, but not in spirit. I was reading acts and Paul was nearly stoned to death in Lystra, he was DRAGGED outside the city because they thought he was dead. And then he got up and he and Barnabus continued onto Derbe! The Bible doesn't describe how Paul felt, but you imagine it hurt, to the point where they thought he was dead, Paul was weak in body. And the next chapter says that he continued on and strengthened believers "encouraging them to continue in faith, reminding them that we must suffer many hardships to enter the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22). It just makes sense to me.
Weak in body, doesn't mean weak in spirit.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment