Has been my main concentration in the last 2 weeks, and I am learning, I am embracing. I saw how much I was weighed down, and weary, and I am feeling lighter again. What I've been trying to do is to not concentrate on all my flaws, and just let God work. Pray expectantly that he will transform me and work in me with out me noticing, and the Bible says "If you think you have received what you've been praying for, then you have". And I have, and I am. What I've noticed is that I am not stressing myself with laws, but my actions and words HAVEN'T changed. God and the Bible really is so embedded in me that I don't have to choke myself with thinking about being perfect (not that I deserve any credit for what Christ has done through me.). What it really is, is that I have given up. And for the moment it has been the best thing for me. In 2003 Rene Schlaepfer did a sermon on freedom in Christ and he said this: "Liberation. Can you agree with this: There are times when you and I can LOSE our sense of freedom in Christ. And whats interesting is, the 2 things that can rob us of our freedom are polar opposites: sin, and religion." Rene also said to beware of the phrase "Christ plus", meaning Christ plus our ways, Christ plus this hair cut, just adding more rules into what it means to be a Christian. CHRIST PLUS HUMAN EFFORT. And all my efforts to become more Christ-like, have simply been human. It needs to come from him and him alone. Such a constant struggle between flesh and spirit. Wanting to do things for myself, but needing him to do it. Wanting to get attention from boy, but needing attention from him. Wanting to call up my best friend when I'm upset, but knowing I should just talk with God first, let him be my best friend. I don't want to compromise with God ever, its me that changes and needs work: never him. Sometimes we make our relationship with him into such a religion, such a "thing". It shouldn't be Christ plus this, it should be Christ alone. And the way to ever do that, I have no certain idea. I'm just living, and living with Christ as much I know how to at this point. I will continue to strive towards right, but I'm not afraid to turn left. God saved me before I ever had a chance to save myself, which simply would be impossible. And thats it, thats were the circles stop turning, I'm already saved.
Jesus says to take up his yolk because it is weightless, because it is light, and freedom. If you feel any pressure or burden, it is surely not from the yolk of Christ, for he only offers good. All the pressure I feel is not from Christ, it's just from myself.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment