Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I remember the first time I met you,

People had told me about you previously, and you sounded alright. But their words do you no justice now. You are more beautiful and perfect then my own words or brain can explain. I had stood my entire life and fought. I tried to breathe without you. No one has ever fought for me the way you did. No one loves me the way you do. No one listens to me the way you have. You use such patience and grace when it comes to me. I don't understand you, but I l know you. Thanks for knowing me, thanks for loving me.

I remember coming home as soon as possible from school to talk to you, to be with you.
I remember staying up late talking to you, it didn't matter how tired I was the next day.
I remember classmates telling me I was a fool and me being so defensive about our relationship.

Thanks for being my friend, Jesus.

1 comment: