Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I've read this verse so many times, with out knowing what it actually meant;

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose" Romans 8:28.

I always thought that "good" in this verse was what I perceived as good, as in 'you'll be happy and comfortable if you love God'. This year God broke down that lie. And now I see this verse exposes it. The word good here is agathon, good in this context actually does not refer to earthly comfort but conformity to Christ and closer fellowship with God. Agathon means you will suffer, but you will be closer, bearing more fruit, and will receive the glory of heaven. Because we know that everything good is in heaven, and everything good on earth is a foreshadow of whats to come.

"Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait with patience." Romans 8:24

No comments:

Post a Comment