Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Give it to Him

"Give me all of you! I don't want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work. I want you. All of you. I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man or woman, but to kill it! No half measures will do. I don't want to only prune a branch or two; rather I want the whole tree out! Hand it over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your dreams and wishes. Turn them ALL over to me, give yourself to me and I will make you a new self- in my image. Give me yourself in exchange I will give you myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart" - C.s lewis (God saying this to people).

If you go to God when you are feeling like "a good Christian", you are never coming to him at all. Was it not Jesus who said "Come to me you who are weary" or "Blessed are those who are meek in spirit", or even "I came here not for those who think they are righteous but for those who know they are unrighteous, healthy people don't need a doctor- sick people do".
We come as we are.
By his grace we are perfected, never by our own spirit of labor.
Go as you are to a Father who loves you.

I am constantly reminded to give up my hopes, desires, and dreams to God. to go to him first and lean not on my own wisdom. I give him my temptations, and all that is bad with in me. God is not waiting to put a star on the board for you, but sin. Sin is all he can take from you. It is what he desires to free us from.

Being a Christian was easy when I could see my hard work right away rewarded, and when I told God I loved him I could feel it and find affirmation in that. It's easy to measure how well your doing in faith by the actions you produce, and the good you accomplish. My world has been turning upside down because that tree of good works and being perfect is being uprooted and thrown away. I'm being stripped and told to come as I am. Naked and sinful and constantly, blatantly messing up. I can't believe God would love me as I am. It is huge.

Let your affirmation be this; God loves you, and that never changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment