Tuesday, December 29, 2009

lets face it

No one is better then anyone. So why do secretly we believe so? When I see people mumbling to themself on the streets because of drugs or something, I'm not gonna lie, I think I'm better then them, or at least better off. But I'm not. And following Christ doesn't make me a perfect person. Maybe I make some "smarter" decisions, but it doesn't make me wholly good or wholly bad. Because everyone has a little black in them. I may be stupid and ignorant, but I'm smart enough to know, we need a savior, I need a savior, and no one needs him more or less then anybody else. I'm not ignorant enough to think I can do it on my own. I do believe my life is better with Christ and with the wisdom he's given me, but it doesn't make me need him less. As distant as I get, or when I don't feel him as much at some points, I know he's there. I know he's real, I could never ever doubt again that he all together doesn't exist. Some people believe they are too smart, or too scientific to believe in God. I really think thats where your wrong. There is so much a God, and the Bible explains about life. I am messed up enough to recognize I need constant saving, constant guidance. So you can't see him? Some of the best things in life you can't see. Like love, it's supposed to be amazing, and I know it will be. But you CAN'T explain it, you can only feel it. And happiness or sadness, you can only feel those two. And I don't only feel God, but I see him everywhere, the evidence of his glory. I think a lot of believers and nonbelievers fear him because they don't want to dissapoint him, but guess what, it's not possible. I won't meet anyone here that would know the depths of my heart and love me the same, but I know God does. And that faith in him, makes me strong, not better, but definetly not worse. So when did everything become so complicated? I think life is simple, I think following God is simple, I think loving on someone is simple, so where does all this hurt come in? And does living blindly really mean happiness? Does facing reality really make you hopeless? Is everything as bad as we think it is? Will I meet the one? Will me and my family get healthier? How does the world work? Does this world really matter? I'm not sure at all. It reminds me of one of my most favorite quotes from the book "the Shack it says: "You don't have to have it all figured out, just be with me". And thats huge, thats the love of God. Not needing to impress him, not needing to know him perfectly, not needing to understand, obey, or be something that your not. Although I seek to live a life such as Christ did on Earth, I am weak and poor, but all I am is his. And that saves me, he has saved me, from 2000 years ago on the cross, we have been forever saved. I can't be sure of much. but I know God is right, thats the only thing I'll EVER be sure of.

No comments:

Post a Comment