Wednesday, December 30, 2009
What the cross means to me
Anytime I see a cross I have to stop and look at it. And remember. The cross is a gift, it's meaning I hold dear to my heart. It's a under-appreciated, not acknowledged, incredible, beautiful, flawless, and forever gift. Because on December 25th a child was born, and it was the son of God. And one day this child called Jesus of Nazareth fufilled the proficy of the old testament, and was crucified. On the cross Jesus stated "Eli, Eli, lema sabachtani" which means my, my god, why have you abandoned me? And that line is actually the first line of psalm 22. And Jesus expressed this agony because he experienced something no one else will ever feel, complete seperation from God. And thats just one of the gifts he gave for EVERYONE. Because Jesus died on the cross, no matter who you are, what you've done, what your going to do, how far you feel, if you haven't chosen to know him at all, YOUR NOT FAR ENOUGH. You can never be too far, because Jesus gave his life so we could FOREVER have a relationship with God. Complete seperation would be a lot worse then anything is right now. And I believe that is what hell will look like, complete seperation then God. And thats why I choose to believe there is hope for everyone to be saved by grace, because our disbelief is not as big as his love for us. Jesus made us right with God "and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him with out a single fault." (colossians 2:22). HOLY AND BLAMELESS, because of Jesus. Because someone perfect died, we get a open gate to be right with God. What would life look like if we recognized that? What would life look like if we abided by his perfect laws? It would be heaven, it is going to be heaven. Heaven is where I hope I'm going when I die, and I'll be in full presence of God, earthly desires and worries will be gone. And I'm excited about it. Next time I look at a cross, I won't think "jesus died for my sins", because as much as that is true, it's so much more then that. Thankyou Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment