Monday, December 14, 2009

The world

Being a believer in Christ, and not being with him in heaven yet, I think about the world a lot. I think about the things it offers me, and the things God offers me. And at the end of every thought comes this conclusion: nothing in the world lasts except my relationship with Christ. And thats just it, why is it so easy for me, and maybe you, to give into the offerings of the world when we know that everything God offers is so much better. As a girl it's hard for me not to want to look good, seem cool, or attract boys. But all those desires are so worldy, because looks are fleeting, popularity among the world isn't necessary, and I can't trust boys for I know they can fail me unlike God. What does it take to be apart of the world but not of it? Strength from God. Not losing or placing my worth in something worldly, but remembering who I am in Christ. Don't lose your worth, remember who ultimately you belong too. Why would I seek approval in a world that is ultimately so temporary? I've been so confused lately, so many different thoughts floating around in my head. When I get into conversation I really want to talk about it but my speech flows around like a giant circle. I feel I've been in such a standard perfect place with God that I'm on the edge of either being really torn up, or really happy. I feel I'm at a tipping point, and something is going to happen. So many old worries have been placed on my heart, so many new discoveries I have been meditating on. I don't feel my faith is wavering, I still feel God, but something just feels off. I'm not sure what it is, but I have the weirdest feeling I'm going to find out.And even though I feel confident in God's promises, I still find myself a little worried. Pray for rest for my heart and guidance in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment