Thursday, December 10, 2009

trials

Why is it that in trial we remember to really rely on God, we remember he is the only one who can save us? I think this verse explains that: "So to keep me from becoming to proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud. Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "my grace is all you need. my power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. Thats why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2Corinithians 12:7-10
And thats exactly it, his power works best in weakness. When we are happy and things are going our way, we aren't relying on God to save us from anything, and somewhere along that grace period we don't feel we need him. I often feel when I am in times of trial God does that as a reminder that I'm so proud and naieve to think I could do it without him, that I could rely on my own wisdom. And as for my weaknesses, I have them, and ya they are embarassing and I don't always want to share. But I wish I could become like Paul and BOAST about them and let Christ work through me. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I've come to thank God because he is consistent, because he never leaves, and always patiently waits and listens to me. It is when I feel alone I truly cry out to God, and thats why I couldn't be scared of hardship because I know what he has promised me: plans to prosper me not to harm me, plan for new life in him, plan for heaven, plan to always love me, and most of all plans to always have my best interest. Even when I feel like everything is going wrong, I can't help but be thankful that I can rely on such a loving God. Because that pain I feel is for my best interests. I'm not saying that if your too happy God will send distaster, I don't think God sends disaster at all. I guess I'm saying the age old motto, everything happens for a reason. I want to further learn to "depend on God's grace, not on our own human wisdom"(2Corinthians 1:12), for I know God's grace is forever. And if that takes a trial for spiritual growth to bloom, I know I'm alright with that, for I trust God and everything he places me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment