Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Today I found a Bible

I saw a large book lying on a desk if my absent teacher, I thought it was the bible so I went and scooped it up. And it was. But his Bible was FILLED with notes, markings, and highlightings. And it was incredible, and all done by him. I went to my favorite book of the Bible: proverbs, because I wanted to see his notes on it. I came across the passage where it says "We may throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall" Proverbs 16:33. And that verse was underlined, leading to a arrow that said JUST THINK ABOUT IT. And thats what I did, I really thought about what it meant. About God's graceful control over everything, about the paths I take up for myself, and the paths he sets me back in. JUST THINK ABOUT IT.


So I guess it's true, you must die to yourself so that you may truly live.

No comments:

Post a Comment