Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Loving yourself vs loving God

Today while lying in the sun on my trampoline, I was chatting with my best friend. It reminded me how important it is to love yourself.

in a effort to try and not judge other people and the way they worship God, or live their lives. I feel the importance of loving yourself has been over looked. Loving yourself, feeling confident, soooooo important.
A. You should love yourself because you were made exactly the way God wanted you
B. You should love yourself because you respect something you love, and you should respect yourself, and the holy spirit dwells inside you
C. it has been proven that it is harder to trust, and let others love you if you don't love yourself first.
It seems obvious the world has offered some twisted ideas about what love is, it's hard to attain true, true love: "Love is patient and kind. Love is not boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever truths wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." 1Corinthians 13:4-7
When I think about God's grace and love he has for the world, for me, it's hard to wrap myhead around it.Why me? Am I worth his love? I feel that is because humans are used to disappointment; disappointing ourselves, disappointing others, and being disappointed. And with so much hurt, how could you imagine never disappointing someone? Someone who has NEVER and will NEVER disappoint you? Because we are often so distant from real love, God's idea of love, so it makes it harder for humans to realize his love. The world makes it easier to hate yourself, because if your "insecure" people feel more bad for you, but if you actually like yourself your called names like "cocky" or "self-centered", and yes I agree those terms may apply to some people, and are negative. But loving yourself, for the fact God loves you, is right, not negative, being confident in the Lord is not a bad thing. Because with that confidence that he loves you and will take care of you relieves the worries of the world, the worries God wants to take care of FOR YOU. God is there for me, and for everyone, i urge everyone myself included to be there for him back. With loving yourself comes loving others, which is important to God because everyone, whether they believe in him or not, is a creature of God, and he loves them. "Therefore, love each other deeply for love covers over a multitude of sins" 1Peter 4:8. With loving yourself comes respecting yourself, not falling into the offerings of the world, which will harm you, but sinking into the offerings of God which are always in your best interest. "Don't you realize your bodies are actual parts of Christ? Should a man take his body, which is apart of Christ, and join it to a prostitute? Never!" 1Corinthians 6:15. The fact that God dwells inside me, disturbs me because I often feel like I'm a unsafe home for the holy spirit. But I do love and respect myself, and others (fail sometimes), because it is what God has called me, and everyone to do. I want to be a safe haven for the holy spirit.

Fact is: love yourself, and love others.Not only for the fact of being made in God's image, believing that or not believing that, but for the fact your a living person, and your worth it. I urge all to love themselves, then to love people. YOUR WORTH IT, I promise. I don't care what you've done, what your going to do, or who you are, YOUR WORTH LOVE and that should never be forgotten.

4 comments:

  1. oh girl, i love you. this was wonderful to read. you are wise for your age.

    God commands us to love ourselves, and I think everyone forgets that. We focus on loving others, and that is so wonderful in itself, but its hard to fully love others when you yourself are not filled up with love.
    God said, "love others as you love yourself." He is not only saying that you need to love other people, but you need to love others AS MUCH as you love yourself. that means, first and foremost you must deeply love yourself, from there you can truly deeply love others. when you recognize Gods power and love within yourself then you can truly see God in others.

    I'm really proud of you. <3

    -Moorea (Indigo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwh moorea, i miss oyu so much, i love you too.
    and thats exactly how i feel, loving yourself is soo important, and shouldn't be forgotten

    ReplyDelete
  3. we should have another date sometime
    coffee and conversation.

    ReplyDelete