Wednesday, January 13, 2010

There is always that wanting to be better

Whether it's to be better then someone else, or be better then your old self. Thing is, everything is changing, and fast. EVERYTHING. I am, you are, he is, she has, we are changing. So by the time you read this I'll probably already be different. But I know this constant trying to improve ourselves is something God has given us, because as much as he has given us free will, he's given us his love which would make you want to improve yourself. Because secretly we know we are better then half the act we put on. We know there is something better, and that something is Jesus. He was the perfect man, and I ache to be like him because he followed my heavenly fathers will perfectly. And I know God's will is perfect, and if I understood it fully, I think I'd be perfect too. Throughout my life people have come in and out, circumstances have risen and depleated. Everything is always such a mess. But thank God for him never changing, and being consistent in his love, even when I didn't know him. From the beginning of time he has stayed the same perfect being as he is today. And that is something to be thankful for. That is something for me to stop and look at, and be happy he's not going anywhere. I like change, but it's also scary, unfamiliar. Something we don't understand will make us run.

No comments:

Post a Comment