Saturday, January 9, 2010
1Timothy 4:12
I'm 16, and I have decided thats a good thing. Not a limiting thing. I always tell myself to appreciate where I am now, because I will never be there again. I'm going to try again. I decided just because I'm "young" doesn't make me stupid, doesn't make my opinion count less. I deserve to be heard, and deserve to give my input, just as much as anyone. Because I don't care about your age, the struggles you've gone through, how long you've been a Christian, or anything, I know we are equal in God's eyes. I don't think God cares about age. He delivers spiritual truths to the young and the old. I have been called "spiritually mature" or "wise beyond my years" kinda thing, and yes I appreciate those comments on my spirit. But I don't necessarily agree with them, I can be smart and young right? Your age doesn't exactly limit your knowledge. In many ways age does play into a lot of the choices you make, or trials you face. But I guess I'm trying to say I'm not going to be silent because I'm young. I'm not going to feel less worthy, because I am young. I'm not going to make a effort to seem older, because I am young. I'm not going to stop myself from doing something, because I am young. I want to be bold in my faith and in my person, no matter what age I am. Even when I'm grown and have kids (hopefully) I want to just be who I am, and do what I feel is right with me and the Lord, and me and my choices, and not because I'm old or young, but because those choices are presented to me. I need confidence in my youngness, and to be humbled in it at the same time. I want to be who the Lord wants me to be, whatever age, whatever timing, and whatever trial it takes me to get closer to him, I'm there. So maybe my age does provide limits? I'm not afraid to follow them if they are whats best for me, but I'm not afraid to disregard them if they aren't. I just don't want to drown into the stereotypes, age limits, and opinions of this world. I just want to be a women in Christ, whatever that means, whatever that looks like, whatever it takes. For if I cling to my life I will lose it, but if I give up my life for God I will find it. I know thats true. So for now, I'm thankful I have this age, this year, and this lifetime to be continually giving up my life, finding it, and giving it back to God. And the reassurance that no matter what age I am, how blind I'm being, how unfaithful I'm being, how confused I feel how happy I feel, when I'm at my best, or when I'm at my worst: God is there, guiding me, laying down the bread crumbs to lead me to his kingdom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment