Monday, April 19, 2010
Week two April challenge
This week Rachel and I read 1John chapters 2+3, and they were so based on love. Real love. So our challenge was to be genuine in our love, and to be active in unconvient love for others. And it was successful, I love the way God has been teaching me this month, so according to the theme. Our challenge was do 3 actions of love towards someone we normally don't love a day. And when i think of that one day comes to mind. It was last Thursday (names have ben changed): So I was taking a test in biology and I got a bloody nose, so i had to leave, and when I came back the bell rang, so I was unable to finish it. My teacher said that I could come in at break to finish it and I was like "uuuh meow fine". So it was break time, I slugishly walked towards the classroom to finish my test, I notice a girl sitting by herself on the steps, looking really upset. I walk by her and try and ope the door, my teacher wasn't there, this other girl in my class (Zoe) walks up, I tell her I'm writing him a note so he won't get mad at us. Zoe apparently knew the girl and went up to her, the girl told her to go away and she didn't want to talk about it. I ask Zoe and she was like "oh thats Emily she just freeks out sometimes, we're friends." So I was like ok and walked back over to my group, but I felt a really big pull towards "Emily" , and I kept thinking "It's love week, I should really go talk to her, this is perfect timing, meeh". So I did I walked back over there and asked if she wanted to talk or to pray together, and she did. She started to tear up, and told me a few general problems, and we sat, holding hands, and prayed together. I didn't need to know what was going on with her, God knows, and he'll deal. But it made me love him even more, what if I didn't get bloody nose, or if my teacher was there like he was supposed to be, or it wasn't 'love week'. Everything lined up so perfectly, now I didn't do that of course to get praise from her or from anyone, but just because the power of prayer is so important, and I'm so happy to of been in fellowship with her in that moment. I didn't even know her name, but I did see her at gateway church a few times. And I did learn a lot about love this week, I felt SO filed with it, every place of my life I loved my family harder, I was a more loving driver, I treated my teachers really nicely, I loved my friends more. But something me and Rachel didn't really touch on was ways to love ourselves, I feel like we need a week of worth. Doing things for ourselves. It's not enough to just love God and love others, you are apart of that! Now I'm coming to a understanding of what it means to lack grace, as my friends put it. We can't lack grace, we can't be lazy in love, if we rely on our human strength to love others, we'll fail. for love comes from God, so we must seek strength, patience, wisdom, and joy in loving others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment